Saturday, October 31, 2009

Madeline and Dorian's Christmas Wish List

If anyone out there reading this post, should happen to be very handy with wood and woodworking tools.....well then this post is for you!

We borrowed this book from our class teachers and these games were in the book! Maddy and Dory quickly got out there pens and circled what they wanted just like back in the day when Angie and I would circle our wish list in the Sears catalogue.
There is a third one that I can't get to download with little blocks that have to be removed to find the treat.


This is also my first attempt at trying out our new to us scanner! It works pretty good! We're on the technology bullet train now! Hot diggity!
Tonight is Halloween, and we had one brave little group of children venture up our long long dark driveway! Brave! I get a little nervous myself when I have to walk up it in the dark, and I know what is at the other end! So one candy for the kids, and bag of candy minus 1 for us!
Here is a Sweet and Sour Pork recipe I make that I have been requested to share....it was original given to me from Tom's mom.
Sweet and Sour Pork

-cut pork into bite size pieces ( I like to buy a pork tenderloin, it's a good amount for 2-3)
-dip pork in a beaten egg.
-then dip pork in a mixture of 1 cup flour, 1tsp garlic salt. (The original recipe called for another tsp of salt, but we have found that wayyyy to salty)

Fry pork in oil until crispy.

In another pan saute one green pepper and one can of pineapple pieces ( save the juice for later).

Mix in a small bowl :
-1/4 cup ketchup
-1 tsp sugar
-2tbsp vinegar
-1 tsp worsteshire
-1 tbsp onion flakes

Add sauce to green pepper and pineapple, add reserved pineapple juice, as much as desired depending on how thick or runny you like. If too runny add some cornstarch to the pineapple juice.
Mix with pork.

Serve over rice!

It's better then takeout!

Wish me luck at the auction tomorrow!

And light a candle for Julien tomorrow, three months since he left a hole in my heart. Love you baby.

No comments: