Monday, April 19, 2010

The "Club"

I'm in. It's official.

I am a member of the Slocan Valley Thread Guild.

I'm pretty freaking excited.

I never thought I would be so excited to join a group of ladies three times my age....but oh the knowledge they have. When I told "JC" that I bought wool roving at a store in Nelson, she informed me that I wouldn't have to buy retail anymore....they have better sources! Oh JC, you had me at hello....sigh.

They own their own little building, which is totally adorable in a little dollhouse way, and inside is set up for dying and spinning, and there is a library of spinning information. I can't wait. The next meeting isn't until May though, so I better concentrate on something else until then! I'll have to get knitting on something fantastic to wear, since I already showed off my socks yesterday!

On Thursday, we got to see one of our favorite bands, Everclear! I couldn't believe they made a stop in our teeny little nearby town! Naturally, as we are as old as time, we both booked the morning off work to sleep in. Good thing. The concert was awesome, and so was my pillow.

So all in all, it was a very good week! Now, back to painting, we didn't get much done last week, and I have finally chosen the last color for my bedroom and the upstairs bathroom. It's called H2O for those of you who keep the Benjamin Moore Color Wheel on your bedside table.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Could we see that color, please? If I have a buyer for your place, what is the price>